Monday, February 1, 2010

Six churros, s'il vous plait

So there's this stand right outside our metro stop that I always take a long look at before I get on or off the train every day, but I hadn't tried anything until today.

You see, these kinds of things exist all over Paris. You can get a crepe on pretty much every corner, and they pretty much all taste the same. But this place is pretty cool. Not only do they serve crepes (rather cheap too), this guy also has the assortment of sandwiches and...churros. Yes, churros. They're also popular in France.

Little did I know that, aside from them being two euros for six churros, they fry them right in front of you and completely douse them in sugar. How's that for a low calorie, low carb, low fat snack. Whatever, I'm only in France for another four months. I'll start working out later. Until then, I'll enjoy my cheap, fatty and fried dough sticks. Yum.

(I would have taken a picture, but they were piping hot and we ate them in about three minutes. I will next time)

2 comments:

  1. Tiene que hablar español con comer churros. Il n'est pas propre de parler francais en cet moment. נכון?

    ReplyDelete