Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm starting to get a hang of this whole walking thing...

Since Jon arrived, I've been walking around parts of the city I didn't even know existed. We saw the Panthéon, walked by Invalides, and even roamed our own neighborhood. But last night trumped all of that.

Sundays in Paris are pretty boring. Almost everything is closed, and it's tough to have fun if you're even remotely lazy. So at about 11:30 p.m. we decided to explore the Latin Quarter, where a bunch of our friends live. We ended up at a jazz bar called Taverne de Cluny where a live jazz band was performing. The band was made up of a rhythm guitarist, a lead guitarist, an accordionist and a violinist.

The few things I could think about during the performance were: Ethan, Nick, bringing my parents to see these guys, and if the guitarist could shred even faster on an electric. Luckily, they play at the same place every Sunday, so I'm not worried about missing out on them.
Now for some stuff that's been on my mind, but completely unrelated to what I just wrote. Thought it might be interesting to share for people who don't know much about Paris:
  • A lot of people have little dogs.
  • The little dogs make big poops. On the sidewalk. Very annoying.
  • Drinks and Food are ridiculously expensive.
  • Every bakery is pretty much the same, and their products are amazing.
  • It is possible to finish an entire baguette by yourself
  • French people can't pronounce a "Th-" sound (i.e. Thermostat = Sermostat)
I will be updating this list constantly. I know I have more than this, so I'll hopefully start writing these things down as I see them. As for this coming week, I have class on Tuesday and Wednesday, and then hopefully Jon and I (and maybe others) will be off to Dublin on Friday.

Finally, here's a random Paris picture, I like it a lot:

Living the "Sug Life"

1 comment:

  1. Jonah - I haven't been keeping up with your blogs. They are really good.
    How has the vin ordinaire been? Some of the pours at any old place are really good.

    ReplyDelete