Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Now the studying begins...

Finally, classes have started. Sort of. This is the only study abroad program I've heard of that sends students to more than one university. I'm taking classes at both the American University of Paris and the Sorbonne. However, my Sorbonne class, an intensive French course, doesn't start until February 10th. That means that until February 10th, I will only have class twice a week for an hour and 20 minutes, and that's all.

But making a decision on what class to take wasn't exactly the easiest thing to do. Because my French class will take up so much time (2-3 hours a day, five days a week), I had to choose an AUP class either early in the morning or later in the afternoon. Being an experienced college student, I obviously chose the latter. 9:00 a.m. is simply too early for me.

Yesterday, I attended 19th and 20th century art. No dice. Today, I went to the class I'm actually enrolled in, History of Western Art I - From Greece to the Renaissance. It seemed cool, but the time slot just won't work for me. Finally, I went to Baroque and Rococo art, which turned out to be surprisingly interesting, and most importantly, includes class trips to the Louvre every other week. Yeah, there are some perks to studying in Paris.

I wish I could post some pictures, but I really haven't gone sightseeing the past couple of days. I must say it's been nice to finally settle down and get on a real schedule for once. But last night, we went to a place across from Notre Dame called Shakespeare and Company for a reading from a famous author, Luc Sante. It was awesome. He talked about his inspirations, thoughts on time, art, film, photography and even did a book signing afterward. I'm definitely going back to that place, and if you're in Paris, it's a stop nobody should miss.
Jon comes Thursday morning. I'm sure he and I will enjoy my five-day weekend. Hope to get some more pictures up soon, and thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're having some great opportunities and taking advantage of them.

    ReplyDelete